An ocean full of mermaids: Barbie, Skipper, Ariel 'The Little Mermaid,' and mermaid clone dolls

                                 MERMAIDAPALOOZA!

An ocean full of mermaids: Barbie, Skipper, Ariel 'The Little Mermaid,' and mermaid clone dolls

Friday, April 16th, 2010 · 1 comment


 All photos © Kathryn E. Darden. All rights reserved.
An Ocean Full of Mermaid Dolls 
The doll that got me back into collecting Barbies as an adult was a mermaid Barbie. It's true I had been thinking about trying to replace the vintage dolls which were stolen from my mother's attic, and a friend had suggested I buy a reproduction Barbie, but the doll that lured me in was a mermaid - the 1995 Jewel Hair Mermaid Barbie Doll, to be exact.

I remember passing her in the aisle at Walmart and doing a double take. Until my old dolls were stolen, I hadn't spent time in the Barbie aisles in years, but I had just started thinking "replacement," and there she sat with her sparkling golden tail and the longest blond hair I had ever seen on a Barbie. I passed that doll several times over the next week or two, but much like the sirens of old, she called out to me. Before long, I was untying my first set of twist-ties from a Barbie box and braiding her long hair (see above, front-right).
Keep Reading » 

Various Mermaid Dolls
Click the links for photos and more info 

Fountain Mermaid Barbie
Mermaid Skipper & Sea Twins Barbie Dolls
Jewel Hair Mermaid Barbie Doll
Jewel Hair Mermaid Teresa Barbie Doll
Jewel Hair Mermaid Midge
Jewel Hair Mermaid Barbie AA
Bubbling Mermaid Barbie Doll
Sea Pearl Mermaid Hills Special Edition
Magical Mermaid Barbie & Krissy Doll
Barbie in A Mermaid Tale Merliah Doll & Necklace
Splash & Style Mermaid Barbie Doll Barbie In A Mermaid Tale Barbie In A Mermaid Tale Fairytopia Color Change Mermaid Barbie - Pink
Barbie Mermaid Doll - Purple
Disney Princess Bath Beauty Ariel Doll
Disney Valentine Ariel Little Mermaid Doll
Bathtime Fun Barbie Mermaid & Swan Playset
Barbie Costume Ball Fashions - Ball Gown or Mermaid
Barbie Mermaid Fantasy Playset w Working Swing
Kelly Mermaid Fun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why People Are Hyped About New Barbie Movie

Easter Barbie dolls from 1993 to 1999 (slideshow of Easter Barbies) - Nashville Doll Collecting Examiner